Quality Tea are purveyors of a broad selection of black, herbal, Japanese and Chinese teas located on the ground floor of Sydney’s iconic Strand Arcade. In business for over 15 years, husband and wife team Tony and Chevy Kwok are passionate believers in the power of a good cuppa. Their website offers brewing guides to all types tea and a visit to their store will enhance your knowledge and preparation skills. As with coffee, the taste and experience of quality brew is a world away from the supermarket offerings. While in store, Chevy passed on the following tips for brewing the perfect cup of Japanese Sencha Imperial Grade tea.
- Refresh the pot with boiling water, pouring the water into the tea cups before emptying.
One tea spoon of tea leaves per cup.
- Pour water into teapot. Note, water must not be boiling as it will burn the fine leaves. 70 degrees is ideal for Japanese Sencha. You can approximate 70 degrees by combing 80% boiling water with 20% cold.
- Steep for one minute to allow the leaves open up.
- Jiggle infuser to release the tea and stir with tea stick (or teaspoon).
- Remove tea infuser/filter and set aside; two-to-three infusions are possible with this tea.
- Inhale the aroma of the freshly brewed tea before you drink.
- Serve and enjoy.
Address: Shop 12, Strand Arcade, 412-414 George Street, Sydney Web: quali-tea.com