Patonga, 90 minutes north of Sydney at the tip of the National Park, is an ideal place for a weekend drive. Spotted recently were these rare Daimler SP250 sports cars. Beautifully restored, the owners enjoy taking them for weekend runs along the windy coastal roads.
Below text from Wikipedia
The Daimler SP250 is a sports car which was built by British manufacturer Daimler in Coventry from 1959 to 1964.
The SP250 was originally known as the Daimler Dart, however Daimler were soon forced to drop the Dart name when threatened with legal action by Chrysler’s Dodge division, and the car was then renamed the Daimler SP250.
It was launched at the 1959 New York Motor Show, and its greatest success was in the North American market. It had a fibreglass body, four-wheel Girling disc brakes, and a 2.5-litre Hemi-head V8 engine designed by Edward Turner. The car was described as a 2+2, but the bench-like rear seat offered very limited leg room unless the front seats were pushed fully forward.
A car with hard top tested by The Motor magazine in 1960 had a top speed of 123.7 mph (199.1 km/h) and accelerated from 0–60 mph (97 km/h) in 8.9 seconds.