Austin-Healey was a British sports car maker established through a joint-venture between Austin—a division of the British Motor Corporation—and the Donald Healey Motor Company in 1952. The Austin-Healey 100-6 was the second of the three Austin-Healey models later known as the Big Healeys. Introduced in 1956, it featured a longer wheelbase and a six-cylinder engine. The body lines were changed to a less rounded appearance, with a wider, lower radiator grille below the air scoop and a windscreen which was fixed and could no longer be folded down. A 117 bhp (87 kW) BN6 was tested by The Motor magazine in 1959 recorded a top speed of 103.9 mph (167.2 km/h).